People & team training
Time to celebrate
Each year, Training Matters (TM) sets out to find community pharmacy’s best of the best for the Recognition of Excellence (RoE) Awards. And while we are used to receiving outstanding entries and nominations, the narrowing down process doesn’t get any easier. All 65 entries that made it to the final round of judging this year described individuals who go above and beyond the call of duty and are truly an inspiration to the sector.
Outstanding entries need outstanding judges right? This year our judging panel consisted of pharmacists, previous award winners, support officers, training providers and industry experts to offer a wide spread of knowledge and top industry insight. The judges chose the finalists for our 11 categories, as well as picking our overall Spotlight Award winner.
Commenting on the impossible task of picking the winners, pharmacy technician, Tess Fenn said: “As usual, the nominations and applications were all fantastic and it was sincerely a challenging task to judge, especially the outstanding contribution. They were all worthy of winning and it’s truly inspiring to read about the daily work taking place in community pharmacy.
“Nevertheless, I have made my choices, judging fairly and looking for those extra nuggets that make some stand out as shining stars and leaders going that extra mile.”
Recognise excellence with us at this year’s Awards with live announcements on Twitter throughout the event, and full coverage of the Awards and final results in next month’s TM.
In the meantime, here are our 27 finalists...
RoE finalists 2019
- Alison Buckley, Boots UK, Mutley Plain, Plymouth
- Amy Harper, Knights Crossfell Pharmacy, Middlesbrough, Cleveland
- Ann D’Souza, Avicenna Pharmacy, Maybush, Southampton, Hampshire
- Ashley Campbell, Boots UK, Victoria Road, Glasgow, Scotland
- Asif Parpia, Chimsons Chemist, Ruislip, London
- Beverley Wright, Mill Pharmacy, Hadleigh, Suffolk
- Christine Bateman, Well Pharmacy, Sandbach Commons, Manchester
- Claire Grigor, Right Medicine Pharmacy, Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland
- Conor Doyle, Boots UK, Silverburn Shopping Centre, Glasgow, Scotland
- Cora Quigley, Hughes Pharmacy, Newtownbutler, Northern Ireland
- Fiona Eveleigh, Boots UK, Cricklade, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Fiona Spraggins, LloydsPharmacy, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
- Gemma McCannon, LloydsPharmacy, Andover, Hampshire
- Javed Jeehoo, Day Lewis Pharmacy, Reigate, Surrey
- Jessy Singh Gill, Charnwood Pharmacy, Shepshed, Loughborough, Leicestershire
- Kirsty Lloyd, Right Medicine Pharmacy, Stirling, Scotland
- Liberty Crowe, Boots UK, Llandudno, Conwy, Wales
- Lisa Archer, Fields Pharmacy, Westdene, Brighton, East Sussex
- Louise Davies, LloydsPharmacy, Bexhill-On-Sea, East Sussex
- Louise Drake, Boots UK, Lowestoft, Suffolk
- Lynsey Watson, Rowlands Pharmacy, Springburn, Glasgow, Scotland
- Paula Woodgate, Knights Oakwood Pharmacy, Birstall, Leeds
- Sam Collins, Boots UK, Beccles, Suffolk
- Shasha Eva Peng, Kellaway Pharmacy, Bristol
- Sophie Burling, Easter Pharmacy, Buckhurst Hill, Essex
- Tiffany Clark, Combs Ford Pharmacy, Stowmarket, Suffolk
- Vanessa Love, LloydsPharmacy, Harpurhey, Manchester
Winners will be announced at a celebratory lunch at Grosvenor House Hotel on Tuesday 25 June. Search #RoE19 on Twitter to follow the Awards and find out the winners as they’re revealed!