A member of The Pharmacy Network
Introduction and definitions
- Pharmacy Network News is a member of The Pharmacy Network, a learning system where you can read articles, take e-learning modules, keep an e-learning log, take part in community activities and more. The Pharmacy Network is operated and maintained by or on behalf of Communications International Group Limited (registered in England & Wales with number 01241120) whose registered office is at 239 Linen Hall, 162-168 Regent Street, London W1B 5TB and its subsidiary and associated group companies (“CIG”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”).
- The two types of cookies We use are known as "session" cookies and "persistent" cookies. These may be cookies which We use and/or a third-party uses.
- Session cookie A session cookie is used each time you visit Our Site to give you a session ID. We use this type of cookie to link your actions on Our Site and each session cookie will only last for a browser session, at the end of which it will expire. Each browser session will start when you open your browser window and finish when you close your browser window. After your visit to Our Site all session cookies are deleted. Each time you visit Our Site you will have a different session ID.
- Persistent cookie A persistent cookie allows your preferences or actions across a site (or across different sites) to be remembered. It has a longer lifetime than a session cookie and lasts for the period of time specified in the cookie (this will vary from cookie to cookie). This type of cookie will not be deleted when you close your browser window and will be stored on your device. It will be activated every time you visit a website which created that particular persistent cookie.
- Certain Cookies contain personal information, for example if you click on a "remember me" button when you log-in a Cookie will store your username.
What Cookies do We use?
- To help you understand cookies, We have classified each cookie as one of the following:
- strictly necessary cookie
- performance cookie
- functionality cookie
- Advertising cookie
- Interest Based Advertising Cookie
- Strictly necessary cookie These cookies are essential to a website in order to enable a user to move around and to use a websites features, such as remembering information entered on forms when a user moves between pages within a browser session. Without strictly necessary cookies, certain services on a website may not be made possible and a website may not perform as smoothly as it should.
- Performance cookies collect information about the use of a website and help to improve the way a website works. For example, performance cookies may show which are the most frequently visited pages, help to record any difficulties with a website and show whether advertising on a website is effective or not. Performance cookies do not collect information that identifies a user personally and all information that is collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous.
- Functionality cookie allow a website to remember the choices you make and to provide enhanced and more personal features. Functionality cookies also remember changes you have made, such as customising a certain webpage and for other services you request such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. Functionality cookies will not track your activity on other websites.
- Advertising cookies are used to deliver adverts which are more relevant to you on our Websites, or to limit the number of times you see the same advert on a website. These types of cookie are also used to help measure the effectiveness of an adverting campaign.
- Interest based advertising cookies are used to target relevant adverts, content and communications to you based on your browsing behaviour on our Websites. Such adverts, content and communications may appear to you on our Websites, on other 3rd party Websites, on social media platforms and in our email communications. These types of cookie are also used to help measure the effectiveness of adverting campaigns.
Please note that third parties may also store advertising cookies and Interest based advertising cookies on Our Site. Please see below for more information.
- Accepting strictly necessary cookies and performance cookies is a condition of using Our Site. If you reject these types of cookies then we cannot predict how Our Site will perform when you visit it nor guarantee your security.
- You can control the use of functionality cookies, targeting cookies or advertising cookies. We explain how you can manage the different cookies We use on Our Site below. If you prevent the use of these types of cookies then this may interrupt some services on Our Site.
- In some cases, We may use third parties to manage our cookies but We do not allow any third party to use these cookies other than for the types of purpose listed in this policy.
- Third party advertisers and other organisations may also use their own cookies or other technologies to collect information about the content of our Website and/or the advertisements you have clicked on. This information may be used by them to serve advertisements which they believe are most likely to be of interest to you based on content you have viewed. Third party advertisers may also use this information to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements.
- We do not have access or control over the cookies placed on Our Site by third parties and use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each of Our third parties and We have included details at the links below.
- Cookies placed by third parties may serve different purposes. They may be strictly necessary, performance, functionality, targeting or advertising cookies. For more information on these different types of cookies and what they do, please see above.
- To disable or reject third party cookies you must go to the relevant third party's website. We have explained how you can control third party cookies on your browser for the main web browsers above.
- What third party cookies are used on Our Site?
- You can control which cookies you get and which you keep on your device. Unless you have adjusted your browser settings so that it will refuse Our cookies, Our system will issue cookies when you visit Our Site
- Many web browsers can be set up to ask for your prior consent before an individual cookie is set on your device. This will give you control over your cookies but naturally may interfere with your browsing experience i.e. if you have to accept each cookie on Our Site (and on other websites you visit).
- Please note that by deleting cookies or disabling future cookies you may be unable to access certain areas or features of Our Site and it will mean that settings such as your stored username and password may have to be reset. If you adjust your cookie settings this may affect the other Websites you visit also.
- All of the major browsers offer tips and guidance for managing the cookies available on your browser including:
- There are also lots of different third-party browser plug ins and extensions available which you can download to make it easier to see and control your cookies. We have included a list of examples of these for the main browsers below:
Where can I get more information about cookies?
- You can find out more information about internet advertising by visiting the following websites:
- Some of these sites enable you to opt out of online behavioural advertising and other tracking cookies (i.e. in addition to the control settings on your browser as set out above).
- We may set cookies within emails We send to you (if you have consented to receiving emails from Us). These cookies are used to track how often Our emails are opened and clicked on by Our customers. You can manage email cookies in the same way as website cookies, as explained above.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU USE YOUR BROWSER SETTINGS TO BLOCK ALL COOKIES (INCLUDING ESSENTIAL COOKIES) YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS ALL OR PARTS OF OUR SITE.